HER 2022: Honoring, Empowering, and Raising Women Up in the 405
Every year, we have dedicated one of our issues to the women in our community. 405 Magazine’s HER, truly has one purpose: to celebrate the dynamic female leaders in the 405 who work tirelessly to effect positive change and enhance our community. The 405 is filled with so many incredible women who are trailblazing the path for others to follow. Our goal with HER is to simply honor those who are making an impact, empower those who are leading the way, and raise up those who continuously put others before themselves for the greater good. Know someone who fits the bill? Nominate her! We will be accepting nominations at the form below until April 1, 2022.
When nominating, you’ll find six different categories you can nominate under:
• Community Visionary – A community visionary is someone who has devoted their time, energy, passion, talents, and resources to making our community a better place to live, work, and play. They have a compelling vision for the community they live in and go beyond challenges to create a better tomorrow.
• Humanitarian – A humanitarian is someone who has great concern for helping those around them and aims to better the welfare and life of those in their community. This is someone who is actively engaged in promoting human welfare and social reforms, as a philanthropist.
• Industry Leader – An industry leader is someone who has worked up the ranks in their field and has contributed in numerous ways to said field that have led to positive progression. An industry leader can be seen as an honest business person, a trusted source for information, and paves the way for others to follow in their footsteps.
• Medical Hero – A medical hero is someone who has fought hard for the lives of others in the medical field. This is someone, no matter their role in the medical field, has devoted their time, energy, passion, and skills to bettering and advancing their field, caring for patients, and have contributed to the betterment of human health.
• Rising Star – A rising star is someone who is an up-and-coming community leader taking strides to better their surroundings. This is someone who might not have as much experience, time-wise, to contribute to their desired cause, but has made waves due to the work they have already done. They show great dedication to their cause and have extraordinary plans for the future.
• Catalyst – A catalyst is someone who provokes or speeds significant action. They cause change to happen in their community or industry through entrepreneurship or organization and a taking big swings to accomplish a major goal. They may be at the beginning of their journey or many decades in, but either way people are taking notice.
From the nominations, our staff will also pick a seventh woman to be named the 2022 Woman of the Year. The seven honorees will be featured in the October 2022 issue, The Women’s Issue. Want to see what HER looks like in print? Check out our 2021 Women’s Issue.