If we’re actively seeking new personnel, we will post the available positions here. But even if we don’t have any listings posted, we know Oklahoma has a wealth of talented people – you can always email email@example.com to ask about submitting a resumé.
Editor in Chief
405 Magazine reaches more than 120,000 metro residents monthly across all media platforms.
We are searching for an Editor in Chief to help grow our brand by leading the development and improvement of our print and digital editorial strategy and execution of that strategy.
The primary goal will be to develop a content strategy that leverages the expertise, history and assets of a seasoned magazine and implement new processes and metrics to ensure we grow audience and reader engagement.
405 Magazine’s Editor in Chief will take the lead in presenting print, digital and social items in a manner that makes it easy and engaging to interact with the brand. The most effective form of presentation should be selected for each story . . . This means a premium will be placed on clear and compelling writing, direct and forceful headlines, helpful and engaging layout, strong photography and easy-to-understand graphics.
Our new Editor in Chief will know how to provide insider intelligence to help readers make the most of living in the Oklahoma City Metro, which in turn will make 405 Magazine’s brand an essential part of readers’ lives. Offering information that helps people navigate the best our city has to offer, that helps highlight and even offers solutions for our city’s problems, that offers some direction and heightens their awareness of community and its place in the world.
This editorial lead will report to the Publisher and will manage the part time editorial staff, freelance staff, partnerships as well as the associated budgets. This person will coordinate with the appropriate legal, analytics, product, sales and marketing leads about the strategies and needs connected with this business. The Editor in Chief will explore new opportunities to collaborate with other media brands and personalities along with getting involved and connected with different organizations around the city.
- Establish a clear brand value proposition for 405 Magazine that informs and entertains our audience on all relevant platforms
- Create a cohesive content strategy to expand the audience reach and impact of the 405 Magazine brand beyond print
- Oversee all content creators and editorial calendars
- Develop and improve systems for managing editorial production, including in-house and third-party partners to ensure production deadlines are hit.
- Identify opportunities for multi-platform content including licensed and partners
- Work with Google and social analytics to conduct research, tracking and develop industry trends and analyses that informs content investment and optimization
- Conduct quarterly competitive analysis to establish 405’s position relative to competitive brands
- Work with publisher to establish performance goals, and oversee measurement protocols
- Work with publisher to develop annual budget and report on pacing versus budget
- Deep familiarity with the Oklahoma City Metro and its history
- Proven success in developing content that reflects the brand and target audience
- Broad experience in editorial production, including managing freelance, staff and intern writers, focused on lifestyle and news tailored to a regional audience.
- A leader who can foster a continuous flow of new ideas and manage/develop new freelance talent. Also, a leader who truly understands the 405 audience with a desire to serve their needs.
- Ability to manage to goals with a strong track record of project management and execution
- A positive-minded creative problem solver
- Sets ambitious goals for teams that reflect the organization’s objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred; media, journalism or related field
- 5+ years experience in a digital media or publishing environment
- 5+ years experience in management of digital editorial teams
- Ability to present thought leadership and insights in a clear compelling fashion
- Meticulous attention to detail, advanced copy-editing abilities, and highly developed skills in English, including demonstrated strength in written communication
Will collaborate closely with sales, audience development, production, and art department.
ADVERTISING SALES ASSOCIATE
405 Magazine is expanding its sales force. If you wish to be considered for our team, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generate ad sales revenue for 405 Magazine and its associated publication, 405 Home (biannual).
You will work with the “best of the best” businesses that need to position their products and services with our upscale audience in order to grow and sustain their premium business models.
• Qualify best prospects to benefit from 405 Magazine audience and advertising services
• Schedule appointments; determine prospect’s needs and challenges; make initial presentation; determine best solutions; prepare contracts; close sales
• Maintain activity level and closing ratio adequate to meet or exceed sales goals
• Expand sales from existing accounts by cross-selling to new products that fit client needs
• Recommend up-sell opportunities to accounts that need to enhance brand awareness in order to capture or protect market share and seize new opportunities
• Update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills in these areas: presentation, communication, prospecting, closing, motivation, planning, persistence, territory management and meeting sales goals.
Three+ years ad sales experience; college degree preferred