If we’re actively seeking new personnel, we will post the available positions here. But even if we don’t have any listings posted, we know Oklahoma has a wealth of talented people – you can always email email@example.com to ask about submitting a resumé.
405 Magazine is seeking a Managing Editor to join our dynamic local media organization. This role would work closely with the in-house editorial staff to help curate, manage, and organize content creation for the publication and its brands. This position would involve managing the content creation process from writing through editing and publishing; ensure content promotes the 405 brands in a positive and engaging way; and work with the leadership team to ensure content guidelines and deadlines are met. The ideal candidate would thrive in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment, be highly organized, self-driven with a passion to achieve a high level of success, and a desire to promote the local community. To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume
- Weekly newsletter curation, editing, and send off
- Covering one to two beats for weekly website articles (Shopping, Sports, News, Style, Culture, Education, Dining, Design, and Events)
- Pitching story ideas for digital and print content
- Writing front of the book copy, cutlines, and other copy/story needs per print issue
- Scheduling photoshoots per print issue
- Finding needed imagery in archives or reaching out to subjects for supplied photos or artwork when necessary
- Upload stories to website
- Send deadline reminders to contributing team
- Aid in copyediting articles
- Managing contributing team’s invoices and sending payment information to accounting department
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as English, communications or journalism
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined
- Quick learner with prior editorial or journalism experience
- Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management and leadership
- Website management (WordPress)
- Google Suite products
- Copywriting and copyediting
- Flexible/Hybrid work environment and schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time off
GRAPHIC DESIGNER – FREELANCE
Hilltop Media Group is seeking freelance Graphic Designers to join our team. Candidates must be available to work anywhere from 12 to 24 hours a week. To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your resume and portfolio.
- Design monthly ad campaigns for clients
- Design promotional tools and collateral for sales and marketing
- Assist Art Director with page layout
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficient in Google Apps (Docs, Sheets)
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to problem solve creatively and effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Invested in the betterment of the 405 community
- Ad Design Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or a related field preferred.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
405 Magazine is looking for a qualified intern to join our team for the Summer (2022). We are seeking proactive interns who are adept at problem-solving and exude confidence and positivity in all aspects of work life. Interns are full-time students who can work unpaid for credit through their individual institutions. If you wish to be considered for this role, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a full-time student who can work unpaid for credit through their individual institutions.
ADVERTISING SALES ASSOCIATE
405 Magazine is expanding its sales force. If you wish to be considered for our team, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Generate ad sales revenue for 405 Magazine and its associated publication, 405 Home (biannual).
You will work with the “best of the best” businesses that need to position their products and services with our upscale audience in order to grow and sustain their premium business models.
- Qualify best prospects to benefit from 405 Magazine audience and advertising services
- Schedule appointments; determine prospect’s needs and challenges; make initial presentation; determine best solutions; prepare contracts; close sales
- Maintain activity level and closing ratio adequate to meet or exceed sales goals
- Expand sales from existing accounts by cross-selling to new products that fit client needs
- Recommend up-sell opportunities to accounts that need to enhance brand awareness in order to capture or protect market share and seize new opportunities
- Update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills in these areas: presentation, communication, prospecting, closing, motivation, planning, persistence, territory management and meeting sales goals.
Three+ years ad sales experience; college degree preferred