13 Popular Lunch Spots in Oklahoma City
If we know how to do anything in OKC, it's lunch!
- CLARK CREW BBQ Travis Clark reached the pinnacle of pit master-dom when he won Jack Daniel’s competition, and he’s brought the delicious brisket, burnt ends, championship beans and the best cornbread ever to OKC. 3510 NW Expy, OKC, 724.8888 $$
- EMPIRE SLICE HOUSE This was the city’s first by-the-slice pizzeria, but you can also get full pies, giant meatballs, fresh salads, and a great selection of cocktails and local beer. The full menu is also available late night inside or on the excellent patio. 1804 NW 16th, OKC, 557.1760 $ (Best of the 405 Winner)
- FLORENCE’S For more than 60 years, this eastside eatery has been serving crispy fried chicken, hearty meatloaf, tangy greens, and all the country cooking associated with soul food. Don’t leave without trying the pear pie. 1437 NE 23rd, OKC, 427.3663 $$
- HACIENDA TACOS Quality, of both ingredients and execution, and variety make this restaurant in Northpark and Midtown a pleasure to visit, and to explore the menu again and again. The Midtown location in Plaza Court is now open, too. 12086 N May, OKC, 254.3140 $$
- THE LOADED BOWL The food truck turned brick and mortar helped pioneer vegan comfort food in the metro, and they’re still famous for their “mac and cheese.” The menu runs the spectrum from healthy vegan to comfort food, and the bar serves excellent cocktails, beer and wine. 1211 SW 2nd, OKC, 820-9599 $$
- THE MULE Solid beer and beverage selection plus a delectable array of gourmet grilled cheeses and melts; this relaxation destination in the Plaza District stays popular. 1630 N Blackwelder, OKC, 601.1400 $ (Best of the 405 Winner)
- MEDITERRANEAN IMPORTS, DELI & GASTRO GOODS It’s Mediterranean food prepared by one of the city’s original rockstar chefs, Christine Dowd. The falafel is special, and everything is delicious from the hummus to tabouli to kibbeh. 5620 N. May, OKC, 810.9494 $$
- NASHBIRD Make tracks to this Nashville-style “Hot Dang!” chicken, with adjustable spice level. Speedy service, cocktails and a spectacular patio add extra savor. 1 NW 9th, OKC, 388.0033 $$
- NIC’S GRILL This is the one everyone talks about, including Guy Fieri. Ask a local where to get a burger, they’re going to say Nic’s. It’s a classic onion burger, but somehow so much more. 1201 N Penn, OKC, 524.0999.
- PIZZERIA GUSTO Neapolitan-style pizza (which uses an extremely hot fire to quickly cook superfine flour crusts) stars alongside Italy-inspired entrees, pastas and appetizers. 2415 N Walker, OKC, 437.4992 $$
- SHEESH MAHAL While billed as a combination of Pakistani and Indian cuisine, the menu will be familiar to fans of Indian food, with butter chicken, delicious curries, basmati rice, and fresh naan. You won’t find a buffet in the building, but you get complementary tea with every meal. 4621 N. May, OKC, 778.8469 $$
- SWADLEY’S BARB-B-Q Family-owned and operated with a deep commitment to OKC, Swadley’s serves up traditional barbecue, sandwiches and desserts for groups of all sizes. Multiple locations throughout the metro. 2233 W Memorial, OKC, 286.3838 $$
- THE WEDGE PIZZERIA Oklahoma City’s original wood-fired pizza joint, The Wedge has two locations. The focus is on local, including the beer selection. Quirky, creative pies make The Wedge a long-time favorite of locals, especially vegetarians and vegans. 230 NE 1st, OKC, 270.0660 $$
* These listings are not related to advertising in 405 Magazine. If you find that a restaurant differs significantly from the information in its listing or your favorite restaurant is missing, please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org