5 Tips For Entertaining With Vintage Pieces
In with the old
Written by: Ivy Pierce
Ivy Pierce of Ivy Pierce Interiors shares tips on how to style your next event using unique vintage finds!
1. I love to layer my block print linens with vintage table linens, placemats, napkins, etc. A matching set is always beautiful, but a little mix never hurt anyone!
2. I usually like to mix up my glassware as well, and rarely use two matching glasses at one place setting—love a colorful vintage water glass with a new wine glass.
3. My favorite place to collect vintage table linens is estate sales—I always head for the linen closet. Estate sales are also a wonderful treasure trove of glassware and china. It’s rare to find a whole set of 8, 10, or 12 at an antique store, but estate sales often have large sets at great prices.
4. I dress a table the same way I like to dress myself: a little high/low mix. I love to mix the fine china we received as wedding gifts with vintage gold bamboo silverware I picked up at an estate sale for $40. It doesn’t have to be incredibly opulent or fancy; your guests will appreciate that you went to the effort to set a beautiful table for them.
5. Vintage candlesticks are some of the easiest pieces to collect—you can find them everywhere from thrift shops to online marketplaces like Etsy. Choose one finish (brass, crystal, or blue and white porcelain) to collect in different shapes and sizes. They might not all match, but they will look beautiful, curated, and interesting on your table. I like to buy a variety of colored, unscented tapers to keep on hand. Nothing makes an occa- sion feel more special than candlelight!