Favorite Things: Emory Anne’s
Shades of Success in an Edmond boutique
Located in Edmond, and there to stay, is the new Emory Anne Interiors. Well, it’s a new address – recently opening a new store only a short distance from the old, Emory Anne’s has all the elements it had before … just more of them, and more breathing room. Offering everything for the home from custom upholstery, rugs and art to lamps and accessories, as well as unique gifts, it is an all-encompassing shopping experience.
Owner Anne McCarthy is no stranger to retail: Having her first store in Chesapeake, Virginia, and then slowly dipping her toe back into business after her move to Oklahoma, McCarthy has a knack for what works. It’s no surprise to discover she was an art major, since the store itself consists of a beautiful palette of well-placed color. When asked about her inspiration, Anne goes straight to the brightly hued point: “I love color! It’s one thing people often comment on. People like our look because it is not old world and brown.” It’s clear that she has vision, and evident that she has a great team of people around her. “Our decorating team likes a variety of styles, so we can do just about anything. So if you are looking for urban farmhouse or city contemporary, we’ve got something for you.”
(clockwise from left)
• Beaded necklace from Ink + Alloy, $117 “This piece is great to layer with other necklaces.”
• Wooden bar stools, $137-$160 Options abound – the price of these comfortable stools varies depending on color, leg finish and whether you prefer bar or counter height.
• Decorative boxes, $25-$33 These lacquered boxes with agate embellishments are available in various sizes and colors.
(top to bottom)
• Peepers readers, $22 Brightly colored and always helpful to have around, McCarthy gushes that these are “One of Oprah’s favorites … ours too!”
• Coffee table books, $35-$60 “Pretty books to look at always finish the look of a coffee table.”
• Larissa pillows from Company C, $125 Cotton velvet with a silk flange edge, these comfy eye-catchers are available in six great colors.
(top to bottom)
• Original art, prices vary “We are proud to showcase art from two sisters, local artists Linda Savage and Lana Lopez. Prices range from $89 for an 8”x10” to $689 for a 36”x60” piece.”
• Hurricane candleholder, $142 “Looks great dressed up as a centerpiece on a dining table, perfect on a coffee table, on a kitchen island or even a patio.” The extra-large is shown (and priced), but other sizes are available.