Now Accepting Homes of the Year Entries
405Home’s inaugural Homes of the Year awards are up for grabs! Now’s your chance to enter your best work. We’re looking for the most beautiful and innovative custom homes in Oklahoma. Bring us your best and enter by filling out the form through July 31.
Winners are featured in 405 Home’s Fall 2020 issue. All entries are viewed and selected by a panel of out-of-market judges in the homebuilding field.
June 30: Entry period opens
July 17 at 5 p.m.: Submission deadline
July 20-24: Finalists notified and homes toured by 405Home. Finalists must provide project supplier information at this time.
July 31: Winners notified by phone. Non-winners are notified by email.
October: Winners are featured in the Fall/Winter 2020 issue of 405Home.
405Home‘s Homes of the Year contest is a celebration of beautiful, original design in Central Oklahoma. There is no fee to enter and entries may be made in multiple categories. There are different price categories, and a new renovation/restoration category. All entries are digital to make submitting nominations easier and less time-consuming. 405Home’s Homes of the Year is a juried competition established to recognize exceptional home building projects. All entries will be viewed and scored by an independent panel of judges.
Categories: $2,000,000 or more | $1,000,000 to $1,999,999 | $500,000 to $999,999 | Less than $500,000 | Best Renovation/Restoration
- Submit all entries online at 405magazine.com beginning June 29, 2020.
- As you are preparing your entries, please take time to submit quality, high-resolution, professional photographs and write a thorough description of the project, as this is what the judges will use for scoring.
- Finalists projects may be toured in person by a member of the 405Home editorial team in August.
- Winners are featured in the Fall/Winter 2020 issue of 405Home.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Competition is open to both firms and individuals who have completed work in the 405 area code in Oklahoma.
- Each firm or individual may submit as many as 3 total entries.
- All design work, installation and/or construction must have been completed within the past three years.
- Projects may not have been previously featured in 405 Magazine, 405Home or other local or regional publications.
- Each entry must include a completed online form, project statement and professional photographs.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be asked to submit a list of suppliers used for the project. Information required for each supplier will be business name, city and phone number. Supplier examples include electrical, hardware, flooring, appliances, landscaping, etc. This list will be required toward the end of July.
- Submit a minimum of eight (8) horizontal and/or vertical photos (.jpg or .png) at a maximum file size of 3MB each.
- For any additional photos beyond the eight submitted online, share a link to images with Christopher Lee, Christopher.email@example.com. There is no upper limit to the number of images you can provide. Photos submitted in Microsoft Word or Powerpoint documents will not be accepted.
- Please name each file to identify the image. Please make sure all photos are rotated and right-side-up.
- Photography should be professionally shot, as these photos are what the judges use to score the space. High-resolution images should be taken with professional lighting and edited with no excessive filtering. Photographer must agree to release rights to allow submitted photos to be printed in 405Home.
- NOTE: If you need professional photographer references, 405Home can connect you with professional freelance photographers (i.e. not on staff at 405) who are familiar with the contest. Any freelance fees incurred are the responsibility of the contest entrant, and 405Home is not involved in the transaction. Contact Christine Eddington (firstname.lastname@example.org) for photographer recommendations.
- If you are chosen as a winner, 405Home will reach out to obtain high-res, print-quality versions of any lower-res images submitted online.
- If you are chosen as a winner, you cannot use any photo(s) of the winning space used in the editorial feature in an ad that is being featured in that same issue, either submitted by you or taken by 405Home. Photos not used in the editorial feature may be used in an ad featured in the same issue.
- Floor plan, architectural renderings and blueprints can be helpful to include but are not required. (Must be digital files)
PROJECT STATEMENT GUIDELINES
- Please upload a brief overview in paragraph form (300-word maximum) detailing the significant aspects of the project. The statement should discuss the project’s design concept, the client’s goals, and how the design, construction and materials worked together to meet the client’s goals. Tell us about any challenges encountered during the process. Please submit this in text format (.txt), as a Microsoft Word (.doc) file or as a Portable Document Format (.pdf).
- NOTE: If you need help with your write-up, 405Home can connect you with professional freelance writers (i.e. not on staff at 405) who are familiar with the contest. Any freelance fees incurred are the responsibility of the contest entrant, and 405Home is not involved in the transaction. For writer recommendations, contact Christine Eddington (email@example.com).
Each applicant may submit a total of three (3) entries. If submitting multiple entries, complete and submit an online entry form and all accompanying entry requirements for each one. Entries cannot be combined.
Entry materials will not be returned due to the high volume of submissions received. Failure to comply fully with contest rules may result in disqualification. 405Home is not responsible for lost, stolen, ineligible, misdirected, damaged, mutilated or postage-due entries. Winning submissions become the property of 405Home. Entrants should not submit photographs they do not own outright. NOTE: The property owner must agree to allow 405Home to photograph their home.
Contact Christine Eddington at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405)517-3303.