Now Accepting Homes of the Year Entries
NOMINATIONS FOR 2021 NOW OPEN for 405HOME’s Homes of the Year competition.
405Home’s second annual Homes of the Year awards are up for grabs!
We’ve simplified the process and can’t wait to celebrate the most exceptional homes in the 405.
Now’s your chance to enter your best work. We’re looking for the most beautiful and innovative custom homes in Oklahoma. Bring us your best and enter by filling out the form by July 1.
Winners will be featured in 405Home’s Fall 2021 issue. All entries are viewed and selected by a panel of out-of-market judges in the homebuilding field.
405HOME will professionally photograph winning homes, if needed, for publication.
May 24: Entry period opens
July 1 at 5 p.m.: Submission deadline
July 12-23: Finalists are notified, and homes toured by 405Home. Finalists must provide project supplier information at this time.
July 31: Winners notified by phone. Non-winners are notified by email.
October: Winners are featured in the Fall/Winter 2021 issue of 405Home.
405Home’s Homes of the Year is a juried competition established to recognize exceptional home building projects, a celebration of beautiful, original design in Central Oklahoma.
There is no fee to enter and entries may be made in multiple categories.
All entries are digital, using iPhone or professional photography, to make submitting nominations easier and less time-consuming. All entries will be viewed and scored by an independent panel of judges.
Categories: $1,000,000 or more | $ $500,000 to $999,999 | Less than $500,000 | Best Renovation/Restoration
- Submit all entries online at 405magazine.com beginning May 24, 2021.
- For this initial stage, clear iPhone photos are fine. Professional photos will be arranged later as needed.
- Focus on writing and sharing with us a thorough description of the project, as this is what the judges will use for determining finalists.
- Finalists projects may be toured in person by a member of the 405Home editorial team in July, and professional photos may be scheduled.
- Winners are featured in the Fall/Winter 2021 issue of 405Home.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Competition is open to both firms and individuals who have completed work in the 405 area code in Oklahoma.
- Each firm or individual may submit multiple entries.
- All design work, installation and/or construction must have been completed within the past three years.
- Projects may not have been previously featured in 405 Magazine, 405Home or other local or regional publications.
- Each entry must include a completed online form, project statement and photographs.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be asked to submit a list of suppliers used for the project. Information required for each supplier will be business name, city, email and phone number. Supplier examples include electrical, hardware, flooring, appliances, landscaping, etc. This list will be required toward the end of July.
PROJECT STATEMENT GUIDELINES
- Please upload a brief overview paragraph, giving us the high points of the project. The statement should discuss the project’s design concept, the client’s goals, and how the design, construction and materials worked together to meet the client’s goals. Tell us about any challenges encountered during the process. Please submit this in text format (.txt), as a Microsoft Word (.doc) file or as a Portable Document Format (.pdf).
- Do not stress about the write-up. We aren’t grading it for grammar, we just want to know what’s special about your project.
Each applicant may submit a total of three (3) entries. If submitting multiple entries, complete and submit an online entry form and all accompanying entry requirements for each one. Entries cannot be combined.
Entry materials will not be returned due to the high volume of submissions received. Failure to comply fully with contest rules may result in disqualification. 405Home is not responsible for lost, stolen, ineligible, misdirected, damaged, mutilated or postage-due entries. Winning submissions become the property of 405Home. Entrants should not submit photographs they do not own outright. NOTE: The property owner must agree to allow 405Home to photograph their home.
Contact Sara Gae Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org