Fall for this creamy, chocolatey goodness.
Pumpkin cheesecake brownies may be the perfect fall dessert. The combination of chewy fudge mixed with creamy pumpkin is delicious, and you can substitute a boxed brownie mix for extra-easy prep. The swirl of colors, so visually appealing, makes it a great addition to any seasonal spread. Bake this dessert to warm up your home on a cold day, or bring it to the table of your next gathering. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this sweet treat!
Brownie Mixture (or use boxed brownie mix):
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz unsweetened or semi-sweet chopped chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs and 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl:
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 or 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, use a spoon to combine the cocoa powder, flour and salt. Set aside.
- Use a microwave-safe bowl and combine the chopped chocolate and butter. Check every 30 seconds, stirring occasionally until it’s fully melted together.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and egg yolk for 1 minute until the mixture thickens and turns yellow.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the electric mixer bowl. Then, add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Combine with a spatula — and don’t over-mix it!
- Pour the complete brownie batter in a pan, but set aside ½ cup of the batter for later.
- Clean the electric mixer and bowl to use again. Then, combine all the pumpkin cheesecake swirl ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread the pumpkin cream cheese filling over the brownies and use a knife to create swirls. Drop dollops of the remaining ½ cup brownie batter onto the pan and use the knife to create more swirls.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting. Enjoy!