Memories of the Royce Café

Once upon a time, Edmond’s Broadway Avenue was full of quaint, locally owned, mom-and-pop restaurants and cafés.

Edmond had it all, and still does. But back in the day, restaurants like the famed Royce Café gave diners a meal many old-timers still remember. 

Royce Adamson and his wife Neva opened the café in 1933. They served specialties like “Hot Dr. Pepper” and their famous blue cheese salad dressing. The menu proudly boasted T-bone steaks, home-baked pies and hot biscuits.

The building was one-of-a-kind, made from native red sandstone. While Royce and Neva and their beloved café are long gone, the building itself still exists in the heart of Edmond at Fourth and Broadway.   

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Categories: Retrospective, Talk